Compensation: $22 to $25 per hour DOE
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance is free for employee only coverage!!
Since 1976, Capitol Hill Housing (CHH) has worked alongside the community to build and preserve housing affordable to working families and promote the qualities that make Seattle a vibrant and engaged city. Today, we provide secure, affordable homes to over 2,200 of our neighbors across the city while working to make our neighborhoods safer, healthier and more equitable. We are a top performing, high-capacity not-for-profit corporation with an innovative portfolio of 49 buildings throughout the Seattle area. Our buildings have won numerous awards from HUD, Urban Land Institute, Affordable Housing Finance Magazine, Future wise and other community development awards.
Capitol Hill Housing is looking for an experienced property manager to manage multiple apartment buildings within our extensive portfolio. The Property Manager (HUD) is generally responsible for managing up to 3 buildings and approximately 75 to 100 apartment units serving individuals and families whose incomes qualify for HUD Project Based Section 8 units. The job responsibilities include leasing, income certifications, maintenance, rent collection, tenant relations, and rules enforcement. The successful candidate will need to have or pass the HUD Compliance Occupancy Specialist (COS) training within the first year of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Management and Accounting:
Tenant Relations and Management:
- Collect and process all payments.
- Process delinquent payments in accordance with Washington State and Seattle landlord tenant regulations.
- Resolve subsidy account discrepancies.
- Assist Portfolio Manager with preparation of annual budget.
- Adhere to the budget.
- Monitor building inventory and make necessary purchases.
Property Maintenance and Repair:
- Operate within the provisions of Seattle and Washington State Landlord Tenant law, Fair Housing law and the ADA.
- Maintain all tenant files per company standards.
- Provide professional customer service standards at all times.
- Resolve all tenant complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure adequate coverage of the premises through coordination with onsite staff, Portfolio Manager and the CHH office.
- Enforce rules and lease provision. Follow up with appropriate disciplinary actions for rules violations.
- Complete annual and interim certifications within HUD timelines.
- Manage the unit turn process to reduce vacancy loss.
- Ensure all interior and exterior common areas are clean, the grounds are maintained, and all repairs and maintenance are completed.
- Implement preventative maintenance program as outlined for building.
- Coordinate, maintenance, inspections and vendor services as needed.
- Provide tours to prospective applicants, process leasing applications and complete related paperwork.
- Maintain HUD waitlist or interest list in accordance with program requirements.
- Sign and maintain all lease related documents with new residents.
- Assume responsibility for maintaining the security of the site.
- Effectively manage staff.
- Communicate regularly with the Portfolio Manager regarding general operations of the property, perceived problems or issues, and suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in community activities relevant to the building and to CHH’s mission.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One-year affordable property management experience.
- Ability to speak, read and write in standard business English.
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Ability to problem solve independently.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of and experience working with a diverse population
- The ability to walk stairs, climb ladders, and operate common cleaning tools.
- Ability to follow instructions accurately and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize time efficiently, prioritize and perform tasks independently.
- Tax credit, HUD Project Based Section 8, and other forms of affordable housing experience.
- 2 years Residential property management experience.
- Valid driver license.
- Experience with property management software (Boston Post).
Candidates selected for this position must pass a criminal history background check prior to employment with Capitol Hill Housing. Capitol Hill Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
To learn more about our rich benefits package, please visit our website http://www.capitolhillhousing.org/about/benefits.php